I have to admit it's been the toughest, not because its questions were "heavily hard" but because the exam took part on Salesforce features I was not completely familiar with.
I cannot provide you a complete guide on how to pass this exam but I can tell you the resources I used to pass it.
A prerequisite is the Administrator certification, some hints here from Admin Hero, don't worry there is plenty of stuff on the web...just Google it!
I may say that being and certified Administrator is also necessary to understand basic features of the platform covered in the Service Cloud cert.
The main part of the exam is centered on Cases, Knowledge, the Service Cloud Console and all related features.
- Case Management Implementation Guide: this contains a lot of Case related features, useful if you're not familiar with Cases
- Work Orders: learn about how to configure Work Orders
- Email to Case: official guide on Email to Case / On Demand Email to Case feature
- Knowledge Overview: official guide on Knowledge and its implementation
- Chatter Answers Implementation Guide: Knowledge on Chatter
- Entitlement configuration: configure entitlements, milestones, service contracts, ...
- Social Customer Service: use social channels to handle your Service Cloud
- Support Your Customers: a comprehensive guide of the main Service Cloud features
- Service console configuration: implement the Service Cloud Console
- Service Cloud Workbook: exercises on Service Cloud
- Sending Articles from Cases: a hint related to attaching knowledge articles on Cases
- Study flashcard 1: study questions on Service cloud cert
- Study flashcard 2: study questions on Service cloud cert
- Salesforce CTI guide: implement a CTI adapter
- CTI toolkit resources
There is also an awesome Service Cloud trailhead module:
So happy study and good luck!